Monday, April 1, 2013

Farewell from Coach Downs :-(


I would like to take this opportunity as we welcome a new head coach to the Volleychief program to thank everyone who has supported our program over its long history.

I have made the decision to retire from coaching after 25 years at various levels to pursue opportunities in the next phase of my life.  I am so thankful and feel  truly blessed to have been a part of the Volleychief program.

The Volleychief program as started with Coach Schuble  has been a program rich in tradition.  That tradition has consisted of tremendous athletes, conscientious scholars and women of great character.

Please join me in supporting the next generation of dedicated coaches including Coach Johnson, Coach Harris and Coach Gallamore.  These young professionals are committed to the Volleychief program and the overall success of the young women who make up the Volleychief teams.  I am most proud of the fact that these coaches are dedicated to these women as people as well as players.  I truly believe the women who come out of the Volleychief program are second to none in overall character.

Thank you again for all of your support.


Sincerely,

Coach Downs, a Forever Volleychief Fan